To insure confidentiality and anonymity the following five rules are followed at all times:
- RULE 1 – Your sharing is focused on your own thoughts and feelings and is limited to 3 – 5 minutes.
- RULE 2 – There is no cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in dialogue to the exclusion of others. Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
- RULE 3 – We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” another.
- RULE 4 – Anonymity and confidentiality are essential requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group.
- RULE 5 – Offensive language has no place in a Christ- centered group.